MICKELINO - FROG WITH A BLOG

Why, when I'm here, does it suddenly erect? Oh I see, it's the Mickelino effect!

|

Friday, April 28

I'm wondering...

...how old a granny should be to justify my giving up my seat in the subway? Most of you kind people will claim you don't think for a second and just do your Mother Theresa at once. But it's not that simple, you see...
It always takes me several minutes to figure out what I should do:

- Is she old enough to get my seat?
- Is she going to be upset if I give her my seat since she doesn't consider herself old enough to be given a seat?
- Does she look like she deserves to be given my seat?
- Should I pretend I haven't seen her?
- Will anybody else give her their seat, damn it?
- Isn't it healthy for old people to stand up every now and then in order for their muscles to keep working?
- Should I wait until she falls on the ground to give up my seat?
- Does she look crooked enough to sit down?
- Isn't she going to get off soon?
- Why didn't I give her my seat?

You see, it's important to sit down and take time to think sometimes.

11 Comments:

  • At 28/4/06, Blogger Unknown said…

    OMG Frog, you certainly do have a valid point. Why, with all this equal rights shit women are spouting, it would be double standard for you to give up your seat. For all you know she could be one of the founders of the women's coalition and bitch slap you on the spot for even implying that you should give up your seat. Then you'd start another riot and hell would break loose. Yes, you gotta think these things through anymore! Poor Frog, life is so damn complicated isn't it? Squeeze and Kisses!!

     
  • At 28/4/06, Blogger Frog with a Blog said…

    You're right Babs, we don't need another riot here!
    Life is hard for me indeed! As you've noticed, I have to go through a lot these days!
    Squeeze accepted.

     
  • At 28/4/06, Blogger Frog with a Blog said…

    Little game: how many people in underwear can you find in the picture?

     
  • At 28/4/06, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    Everyone in that pic should be wearing underware. Only the freaky people go Commando!

    My rule of thumb is:
    -If she's older than you, offer up your seat on the bus/subway or pretty much anywhere, cafateria etc.

    I expect others to treat me the same way when I get that old! They better, or I'll be one of those old bitter guys hitting people in the chins with my cane.

     
  • At 28/4/06, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    You should only give up your seat if she's wearing a groovy hat and she lets you try it on!

     
  • At 28/4/06, Blogger whatalotoffun said…

    I will always give my seat up to the elder (from 60 up). That was how I was brought up. To respect the elder. But things are changing so much. The yough of today dont even have respect for themself.

     
  • At 28/4/06, Blogger cristina said…

    unfortunately, at the rate this young generation is behaving, by the time we are old and gray,they won't be giving up any seats; they will poke us, ridicule us, carve us and find it all hillarious! watched a programme the other day about the youth of today and have not recovered yet. Where's my Prozac?

     
  • At 28/4/06, Blogger rhino75 said…

    If you were British, you would give up your seat instantly. ;)

     
  • At 28/4/06, Blogger Tracie P. said…

    HAHA! you're so right. i've often held the same inner dialogue myself.

     
  • At 28/4/06, Blogger Unknown said…

    Frog, are the days of chivalry gone? I almost think so, except for the few the proud, the Rob7534. But he doesn't have to think about riots either for God's sake. Paris is in revolt right now, there's something in the water.
    Personally, I still have manners but you should never have or expect with a sense of entitlement.
    On a serious note, do to, what you want back.

     
  • At 30/4/06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ohhhh! lol frog. On a funny note, with the fat little slobbies I've seen lately who look like they couldn't run 25 feet without falling out, I think some little old ladies might be saying to themselves "should I give up my seat to this McDonalds-fed, red-faced kid who's panting?" :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home